Sunday, April 6, 2014

One month Paleo check-in! (Size DOES matter)

Ladies and gents, I realized tonight that I've been following Paleo for about a month now (give or take my adventures abroad), and decided to check my progress. I'm extremely excited to share that...

I'm down 16 INCHES all over my body since March 5. (Jaw. Dropped. When I calculated that!) Now, my detail-oriented personality took over when I first measured myself so I took measurements on just about everything...except my hands and feet. Neck, bust, upper arms, waist, hips, thighs, calves...yup.)

I've lost 3 1/2 inches in my hips, 2 1/4 in my waist, 1 in my bust (sad story!) and 2 off each of my thighs...in just a month.

I'm lighter today than I was when I first joined that nationally-recognized weight loss program in 2008! Woo hoo!

In January, I was a size 22-24. Today I'm a solid 18 (and can't wait to shop in regular stores again). I'm starting to run out of clothing that fits, and am now on a tight budget. So, adequate warning - I may recycle pieces day to day a la French women. Yes, they will be clean. Yes, I'll change up the accessories. But please give me some grace if you notice a recycled outfit!

And finally...I fit comfortably in the airplanes during my trip. It's one of those things I had on the list of why I wanted to lose weight, and check! What a huge relief!

I never imagined that after struggling through other programs previously that is see so much progress in such a short time combining CrossFit and Paleo. Since February 2013 (just over a year ago), I've lost about 55 lbs - and 35 of that has been lost since I began CrossFit in January.

As I've been preaching all along, having the right support system, the right timing and the right tools are essential to realizing success. I know CrossFit and/or Paleo isn't for everyone - but it's working for me and I'm excited to share my successes with you. I'll try to post some pictures later this week if I gain the courage to share the "ugly body" photos with the world.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment